PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, PayPal and gift card information), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
- “Social Media” platforms that you use in connection with our website or mobile application, or that share or allow you to share information with us, such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.
- “Third Parties” that are service providers, analytics companies, advertising networks, demographic companies, and third parties that provide us with information about you and your device.
We may at times rent address lists from the USPS.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud;
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with our newsletters, marketing, and information or advertising relating to our products or services;
- Personalization of your experience with Perch, including recalling your interests and preferences and tracking your interests and activity on our website and mobile application; and
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We share your information with third parties that help us market or advertise to you and help us provide products or services to you.
We share your information with social media platforms and networks, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram that help us market or advertise to you and help us function with the tools the social media platforms offer.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser. The Site does not respond to browser “do not track” signals or other similar mechanisms.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
CHOICES AND OPT-OUT PREFERENCES
If, at any time, you prefer not to receive further marketing and advertising e-mails from Perch, you may request to unsubscribe from such communications by means of a link that is provided in every marketing and advertising e-mail that you receive from Perch.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Perch does not knowingly request or collect personal information from any person under the age of 13 years of age without prior verifiable parental consent. If you believe that your child under the age of 13 has submitted personal information without prior verifiable parental consent, please contact us so that we can remove the personal information provided.
If you are a resident of California, you may request a notice describing what categories of personal information we have shared with third parties for third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, request changes to any personally identifiable information that was collected, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
Perch Birding Gifts & Supplies
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
Perch Coffee Company LLC, 9115 Camino Lago Vista, Spring Valley, CA 91977, United States
Welcome to Perch Birding!
We're so glad you're here! Sign up to stay up to date with the newest arrivals, news, and promotions!